Sunday, January 23, 2011

Buffalo Botanical Gardens - A much needed break from Old Man Winter

And what a lovely break it was!  So glad I went.  I feel that it rejuvenated my spirits - if only for just a couple of hours.  I've had enough of the bitter cold, the snow, the ice the wind the salt polluting the roads.

It was so nice in there - very warm and humid, and the flowers and trees were beautiful.  I would have gladly spent more time there but they closed at 5 and anyways, I didn't bring a book to read.  I took loads of pictures, though :) 

It will be four years this year in August since we got married there ♥

At the cacti garden...
Robert at the Greenhouse

White Flower

Ying and Yang...
Ying and Yang

Daisy

Orchid5

Orchid4

Orchid2

Amaryllis

Green

Orchid1

Water Drop

Tender Green

"Living stones"
Living Stones 

Fern


If I were a Fairy this would be my home

The Spring semester is well under way now and I will be busier than ever this year!  But I will try to make time for the things I enjoy because we all know that too much work and no play makes things rather dull!

After visiting the Gardens, I found two plants I'd like to get.  I'd like to get a couple of the little Lithops, or "living stones" as they are known.  I thought they were the cutest little things.  They look like brains to me - don't you → agree ← ?  And the other is the venus flytrap.  I've always wanted one and I'm on a mission to get one now.  Once in a while we get fungus gnats in our house because I sometimes over water my other plants too much so I figure a bunch of venus flytraps would help alleviate the problem :)  Plus they look sooo cool and badass!

Well I'll be off to homework land now!

Have a good week everybody :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...