Sunday, January 16, 2011

Eternal Flame Falls - a little stroll through the forest :)

Not too long ago on a Sunday Robert asked me, "So what did you want to do today?"

To which I replied, "I'd like to for a hike to the Eternal Flame Falls."

That caught him a little off guard.  A walk in the middle of winter time, with lots of snow and cold just isn't his cup of tea.  And neither it is mine, but WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO... in Buffalo... in the middle of winter??!!  Anywho, a little unhappily (well he) off we went.

 And I'm glad we did so!  Because it was such a beautiful day for it -sunny with a mild temperature hovering around freezing.  And the best part was that we finally got to see the "Eternal Flame" because, you see, we had gone there before, many moons ago, and failed to bring a lighter (just in case).  Our first trip to see the flame was not fruitful and extremely pungent.  The whole creek valley smelled of natural gas and there was no flame to see :(


Walking

Wintry

Trees

Charlie, of course, was only concerned with hunting for squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks, and other furry little rodents.
Charlie

I love the golden color the young beech trees bring to a forest...
Golden Leaves

The flame!
Flame01

Flame02

Flame04

Flame03

Robert

I asked Robert to hold Charlie... and this is the result:
Robert and Charlie
Poor Charlie.

Charlie and Irina

An awesome Weimaraner named Jameson...  *Sigh*.. I wish Charlie could be this well behaved!
Jameson

I loved how the light looked shining through the green needles of this hemlock.
Sunny Tree

Robert and Charlie 2

It was a neat trip.  The only thing I wish I had done differently was to bring my "wider angle" lens...  I brought my zoom lens instead (55-200mm) because I was hoping to see some neat birds or something.  Why do I always kid myself?!  (I would have posted some bird photos if there were any birds to take photos of)

There's a ton of trails around the area so I guess I have an excuse to go again and bring the right lens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...