Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What's Next for 2011?

Ah... the New Year Resolutions!  I love this time of year!  It gives me a chance to reflect on what matters to me and what doesn't, what I want to accomplish, how I would like to spend this New Year.  And I know there are just too many variables in the big picture and things don't always go exactly as planned, but that's life.  One can always dream, hope and plan, right?

So in no particular order...

  • Get an internship.
  • Straight A's.... it'll be tough but I'll work hard.  I did it last semester :)
  • Dedicate a little more time to my etsy business(es).
  • Do something new and creative with my photography.  More photoshoots, portrait photography, more ideas, more time shooting, new subject matter.
  • Register my business name - Irina Tyx Photography :) 
  • Learn lighting.  Strobe lighting. 
  • Photograph a wedding, or two.  I have one in the works and another one to go to.  I'm nervous and excited!
  • Travel to a place I've never been to before. Oregon?!
  • Travel to Ukraine.  Sort of a long-shot, but I can always hope!  Maybe I'll save up enough money :)
  • Be more optimistic and less cynical.  This one will be tough! 
  • Paint more.
  • Declutter. Simplify. Not sure how this will work... since I have a million things I'd like to work on...
  • Spend more time mountain biking during the summer.
  • Learn to fly a kite.
  • Be more active.
  • Learn more about photovoltaics.  Should be an easy thing to do since I'm actually taking a class at school!
And a flickr contact of mine, Machel Spence, posted this on her site....

Zen Habits...The greatest change happens because of people that are deeply passionate, and have a great love for the work they do. If you want to make a difference in the world, the single most important thing you can do is consciously and deliberately choose to do work that you are passionate about. No other choice can have a greater impact on the planet, or your life.

So for a few more bullets:
  • Concentrate on the things I'm passionate about and don't let stuff that doesn't matter to me get in the way.
  • Enjoy life.
  • Go digging for diamonds! ;) 
  • Hike up another peak in the ADKs.. possibly Algonquin (2nd highest peak)?
  • Go fishing.
  • Fruit picking.
I'll add more to this list as I think of more things and will visit this often and check off the things I accomplish :)

Adios!  Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...