Friday, May 20, 2011

No More Teachers, No More Books!

Well at least for a few months ;)

My blogs are not complete without some photos, so I wanted to post some that I've taken this spring of things I find interesting, beautiful, or both!

Just some spring blooms...
Pinks2

Flowers in BW

I think of Dinosaurs when I think of ferns..
Little Dinosaurs

At the surface of the sun.  A bittersweet dandelion in my yard!
At the Surface of the Sun

Delicate Blossoms5

White columbines in my garden:
White Columbine3

I think my neighbors think I'm crazy... always walking around with a camera and taken pictures of their trees and flowers.
Lylac Bush

Lylac Bush2

My black tulips..
Black Tulip1

Black Tulip4

Baby grackle in my neighbor's forsythia bush!
Baby Grackle

Dancing daffodil!
Daffodil2

Chipping sparrow.  A very common sparrow that has a distinct  "chip chip" song it makes.
Chipping Sparrow2

Balancing act at Reinstein..
Balancing Act

Sunbathing chipmunk.
Baby Chipmunk

I like the simplicity of this shot.  Actually, I was trying to capture the bokeh of the sparkling water behind these branches, but the bokeh was too bright and big.
Branches

I've heard cat birds all over at Reinstein all the time but never personally saw them.  I was quite happy to finally see one, even though it was trying its best to stay concealed.  Once the shrubs completely leaf I won't be able to see anything.
Cat Bird

Snapping turtle - basking in the sun!  I think snapping turtles look so ancient..
Snapping Turtle

This blue jay was eating a snake up in the tree!  It was really high up so I couldn't get a decent shot, but you can still make out part of the snake dangling from the branch.  The day we saw this blue jay, we saw many more... more than I've ever seen in one place at one time.
Bluejay feasting on a snake


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...