Thursday, April 28, 2011

After the Rain

I love how things look after the rain...

After the Rain2


Spring2


Tulips3


Spring


After the Rain1



Tulips1


I really hope it doesn't hail a lot this year like it did last year... I'd like to see all my spring flowers grow and bloom.

April has turned out to be quite the tumultuous month this year!  So much rain and crazy weather patterns.
There's this one creek I pass by every day on my way to/from school... And I always make sure to pass it because I love looking at all the wildlife there.  For the past couple of weeks I've seen many geese and ducks there - and some were actually nesting.  But with the crazy amount of rain we've had the creek swelled and rose so high recently that I think the nests were destroyed :(  That has made me tear up quite a few times...  Knowing that those poor geese were so helpless against mother nature.  But life goes on.  One way or another they move on.  

We've had a "tornado watch" here last night!!!  One of my few recurring nightmares actually involves tornadoes!  I've never experienced a tornado and I hope I never will, but I can't help but be afraid of them - at least in my dreams.  I think last year WNY actually had a couple of tornadoes that weren't huge or anything but they did do some damage.  

Anyways, school's almost over and then summer break will begin :)  I got a summer job working at the Garden Center at my local Home Depot, which was something I specifically applied for in the hopes that I would have a fun summer job working with something I'm passionate about :)  And my plan actually worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...