Friday, April 1, 2011

Really Old Stuff Show

Okay, maybe some of it wasn't really old, but I think about 99.999% was really, really old!  Anyways, Robert and I went to the Gem, Mineral and Fossil show, though I don't quite remember the exact name of it, last weekend.  I was looking forward to it for weeks and I found it fascinating!  I love that stuff!  I love pretty rocks and old fossils.  There's just something awesome about seeing, touching, holding something so incredibly ancient and beautiful.  It's like for a split second I get connected with the dawn of time.  Or something like that.  It's hard to explain!

Though I find geology really fascinating, I know very little about all that it entails.  What I do know is that it all looks really interesting and I love taking pictures of beautiful old stuff.  And there was so so much of it all!  I felt a little odd as I was the only camera toting person in the whole building and so didn't take as many pictures as I really wanted to.  There were so many shiny and sparkly things!  If I was left alone I would have literally spent HOURS there photographing every beautiful ancient thing.

Here are just a few of the pictures I had the guts to snap... and they really don't do justice to all that was there. 

Blue Rock


Old Stuff


Ammonite


Dead Fish


Rocks


Sand Dollars


Green Garnet


Ulexite


The other thing I found really fascinating was how pricey many of the things were!  I mean $100 for a piece of sulfur rock or something.  Really?!  Goodness gracious.  Even little rocks of various types were pricey.  However, I think most things were "reasonably" priced. 

This summer I am hoping to do some fossil digging of my own again and maybe take a trip out to where we can dig for quartz crystals!  I am really looking forward to using my rock pick that I got this past Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...